Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Gerber Daisies and Black Ribbons




I was recently commissioned to create a piece for a wedding. My friends John and Maurissa were getting married and wanted a piece of art that they hang as a reminder of the joy and friends that shared their special day. At their request I created a set of signature pages where the wedding guests would be invited to add their names and help create a memory.

The wedding colors were black and white and the bride's bouquet was Gerber daisies in pink, orange, yellow and white. They expected to need about 110-115 signature lines and also wanted to include the names of some friends and relatives who had passed on but were in their thoughts on their wedding day.

I should have taken pictures of the pieces after they were matted in black but it was fairly late at night and I was pretty tired.

To the left is a detail from page one. Below you will find all three pages and another detail image at the bottom of this post.

The wedding was lovely: the bride was radiant, the groom beaming, the ceremony was sweet and just the right length and the reception was a great deal of fun with good food and karaoke. I'm glad I got to be there with my friends on their special day.








No comments: