Now, my scientific little heart is pleased. A friend gave me a small patina colored miniature greenhouse and a walk in the woods and division of a few tillandsias ended me up with enough species to fill my new terrarium.
Here's a nice close look inside:
- Fan-shaped jelly fungus (Dacryopinax spathularia)
- Snow Fungus (Tremella fuciformis)
- Common Haircap Moss (Polytrichum commune)
- Pincushion Moss (Leucobryum albidum)
- Perforated Ruffle Lichen (Parmotrema perforatum)
- Resurrection Fern (Polypodium polypodioides)
- Sphagnum Moss (Sphagnum)
- Bartram's Airplant (Tillandsia bartramii)
- Southern Needleleaf (Tillandsia setacea)
- Air Plant (Tillandsia funckiana)
- Wax Begonia (Begonia x semperflorens)
- Violet Wood-Sorrel (Oxalis violacea)
- Unknown bracket fungus (Polyphore)
I'll see how these species do in the terrarium and transfer anything out that seems to be flagging. I'll add more small species over time. Also, I need to figure out a lighting solution. Something like an LED lightbar that I can mount inside the cover would work nicely. We'll see what happens.